Monday, September 22, 2008

Sweet Memories.

I'm sure I've said this a million times, but I am so thankful I was able to go to Yankee Stadium this summer. I will forever remember what it was like to be in a stadium with so much history. That's what the stadium is leaving with millions of people- sweet memories. I spent all of my Sunday from after church to bedtime watching ESPN and soaking it all in. I wasn't sure what it would be like to see Mariano come out of the pen for the last time or see the team leave the field. It was definitely a day full of chill bumps- did you hear how loud they cheered for Bernie? My mom said she teared up, don't blame her. The whole game was great. I am so glad Pettitte got a win and that his team backed him up with several runs. I thought Jeter gave a wonderful speech and then to see them walk the whole field was amazing to see. The funniest moment of the night was to look at the Orioles and see them all snapping away at this amazing team, and then to watch them run out to the pitchers mound and gather up dirt. Speaking of gathering up dirt, did you see how much Mariano took home?! :) Can't imagine a better way for the Yankees to end an era (I would have liked them to mention Joe Torre). I talked to several people who respected how they ended the stadium, and several of those people either hate baseball or just highly dislike the Yankees. I even got a text message last night that said "It was a sad day for baseball"-luckily though, there is a whole other side to this bittersweet ending. I personally can't wait to make a visit to the new stadium where Derek Jeter will be the long living legend there.





FYI-The Red Sox lost tonight putting them 6 ahead of the Yankees. I am not getting my hopes up, but there is still a LARGE part of me that would love to see these guys [Yankees] in the postseason.



My first visit to the stadium this summer...got real close for BP and super close to Joba!


I can't imagine what it will look like when the stadium isn't in that exact location!



Have a great night!

No comments: