Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A wonderful day, finally!

I must say that today has been one of the best days of my summer. This morning at breakfast we had trix, and somehow that started the day off positively. Then we had a good cleanup time. After that was lunch and we were having meatball subs (YUCK) but luckilly I sit with girls who are from Israel and eat only kosher food because they chef made them falafel and they gave me one. It was SOOOOOOOO good. I love that type of food so it made me feel like I was home for a minute. Later in the day we had pool swim, as we do everyday, but today it was longer and it was beautiful out so that was great. Once we finished that we threw our girls a nail polish party and we had tons of fun and there was lots of laughter. Also, all our girls were happy all day :)

So I went to NYC again 2 weekends ago and I never got to talk about it. I will now!

I rode the bus into the city with the kids (free transportation!) with several other friends. We arrived at George Washington terminal in what I would call the ghetto, not sure if it really was but it seemed that way. Then we hopped on the Subway and rode it to Times Square which I am very familiar with now. We walked all around and....sorry I have to cut it short but there is a line behind me and I need to let them on. I WILL post more tomorrow, hopefully with some pictures :)

Miss everyone and thanks sooooo much grandma and grandpa for the 2 letter. Yall are the best and it really cheered me up!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like y'all had a good day! I really want to see some pictures so hurry up and put them on here!! :) Have a wonderful week in NY!! Miss ya friend!!

Lizz said...

Hey Amanda, I'm glad you are having a good time. Sounds fun! Miss you. love, lizz

Ken Jenkins said...

Hey Amanda, I am sorry we missed your call the other day, but we miss you and are ready for you to come back. I need someone around that will smile and cheer me up and you are better at that than anyone I know.