Friday, August 1, 2008

Wow.

There's only 15 more days left and then I will be on a plane headed to Houston on the 17th! I am excited to see everyone soon and share all my stories and pictures. Yesterday was my day off and I spent it in NYC. A co-counselor of mine, Dani, went with me and we decided to see a baseball game. YES, I went to THE Yankee Stadium. I will tell you the journey of going to the game. I spent the 2 hour train ride on my phone's internet, specifically Craigslist.com, trying to find tickets to the sold out game. I talked to a few guys until I stumbled upon Vassili who as selling the tickets for $100 a piece. I said I could do $75 and he misunderstood me so we got the tickets for $120 for both. He called and we met him at the corner of 34th and 5th at the Empire State Building. He comes walking towards us and we chat for a second and he hands me the tickets and I hand him a wad of cash. He didn't even count the money-it seriously looked like a drug deal. We hop on the subway to the Bronx, we asked an NYPD cop for directions, and stepped of on River Ave. I was an extremely happy person at this point. We walk to where the players come out but we were there too late to see the players. I did see Chris Britton, who happened to pitch that night, and the Angels team rolled up in a Mercedes charter bus so that was cool to see. We go into the stadium at 5 and head straight for the very bottom of the stadium. We found a spot and guess who was RIGHT in front of me? Joba Chamberlain-a little surge of giddiness entered me. I could have talked to him if I wanted, but I have way too much poise to talk to a major league pitcher :) All the sudden A-Rod or Jeter (I assume) hit a ball during BP and it comes flying our way, the girl I was with stuck her hand in the air and caught it. WOW! It had a bat mark, grass and dirt stain, and the Yankee final season logo was slightly smudged. I was extremely jealous but really glad she caught it because I held onto it for like an hour. We made our way to our seats, which were pretty good for the price, and I was able to see Pettitte pitch and watch Pudge make his Yankee debut. At the 8th we moved as far down as the guards would let us and it was a wonderful view. The Yankees lost, but it definitely was an exciting game with lots of HR. I really want to go back!

I will get pictures up soon, I promise :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow...sounds like you had fun!! Hope you told A-rod and Jeter that I said hey! :) Hope you have fun your last 2 weeks in NY! Can't wait to see ya! Much love!