Saturday, April 26, 2008

Stuck in a rut.

School is my rut, and it sure is a big one. For instance, I should be studying right now but of course I'm not. I have THREE weeks left of my junior year of college, and then I am done. I have decided that the "real" world is better than this. Worrying about grades is ridiculous to me. It's really sad because right now people my age aren't living to better this world or help others out, they are living to make a grade in a class that really isn't going to matter 10 years down the road. I know grades are important, but seriously when they consume every ounce of us it becomes a slight problem. I think I have stomach ulcers worrying about trying to make a decent grade. A grade does not define me, too bad we have been taught otherwise. Guess that means I am your everyday average, dull person. (yeah, right!) Bills, they bite. I am glad I pay for things like rent and utilities, I think it's preparing me for future things. But trying to pay $400 a month in bills when I only make about $300 stinks. I am hoping once I have my desired job, bills will be easier to pay. I keep telling myself that at least. For now though, I am beyond thrilled to be making any money at this point. I guess I am just in this rush to be done with school, which are supposed to be the greatest years of your life. But ask any college student about their life, it's not really all it's cracked up to be. It is fun, no doubt about that. To know that I am volunteering to put myself through this is crazy. I'm sure one day I'm going to look back about me stressing about my young 20s and laugh hysterically and say "If only I could have known..." Okay, enough rambling about school...whew I am some kind of rambler :)

The LA tech baseball team played a double-header against Hawaii today. Lost the first 8-4 and won the second 14-4. Another game against them tomorrow, would like to go but I am pretty sure I will be spending the day at the lake on a boat!

Those crazy Yankees lost. It was an exciting game to say the least. IPK seemed to look better to me, but what do I know? Jorge wowed us all and really came through. Damon was on fire, unfortunately the guys around him weren't able to back up his efforts. It's okay though because I like things to start off slow and then end with a really big BANG- as long as there's a bang at the end of this. *Boston lost again and you won't hear me complaining one bit! *Wang takes the mound tomorrow and I am pulling for his 5th win. Hope you are too!

Now on to studying the cognitive development of young children (it's really more interesting than it sounds) Enjoy the evening!

No comments: