Friday, June 13, 2008

Good Ol' Galveston.



I am sitting in the lobby of the Flagship Hotel in the water of the gulf. Seriously...this hotel is supported by concrete columns that are in the water. It's pretty neat actually, and since us staying here was very last minute it's not too bad at all. They have wireless internet-in the lobby- so that's all that matters. We got on the road this morning around 6 ish and have been going nonstop. We took the ferry into Galveston and then stopped to eat at Fish Tales. From there we crossed the street to our hotel where we saw a guy who was hit by a car...crazy! Luckily he was OK. We then proceeded to hang out at the beach for a couple of hours. I somehow forgot to apply the SPF, you think with my record of sunburns I would remember, so now I am paying for it with my extra red skin. Later we went to Rainforest Cafe were we waited way too long and paid way too much, well mom and dad paid, for a slightly mediocre restaurant. We should have gone to the Mediterranean place we saw. Oh well. Tomorrow we are heading out early to trek on over to Houston where I will be in control of our escapades. Scary, I know, but I think I know my way around Houston good enough...I hope. The biggest excitement for tomorrow is the Yankees game! I haven't been to Minute Maid Park before so that should be fun....and I am SO glad they have a retractable roof because it's supposed to storm like crazy.


Here are some pictures from the exciting day:

This shows the amount of fun we were having at the beach :)

Me and Liz are sweet to each other sometimes!
My youngest sister who is going to miss me terribly....right?
Rainforest Cafe and their "volcano"
Hope everyone had a great Friday the 13th and has a relaxing Saturday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like y'all had fun in Galveston...Try not to get lost in Houston today...it's actually not that hard to get lost...we got lost on choir tour and we had ppl in the bus who were FROM Houston...CRAZY! Later!