Tuesday, June 10, 2008

It's been a while.


Sorry about the lack of posting, but life has gotten in the way of simple things such as blogging. I had an amazing time in southern California and would go back in a heartbeat. WOW the craziest thing JUST happened, as in 2 minutes ago. A bug flew on my bed, not a big one but a bug nonetheless. I have a paralyzing fear of bugs, pretty pitiful I know. Well, I forcefully kick my leg in order to cause the bug to fall to the floor, then I run to the laundry room to grab the Hot Shot flying insect spray to end this horrible creatures life. I manage to find the bug who went into hiding because he apparently was aware of my potential harm. I shook the can with all my might and sprayed about half the can on the little thing....it was no bigger than 1/2 an inch. But hey, I needed to be sure. When his body stopped wiggling I put my foot into a rainboot and stomped rather hard on the bug. I killed my first bug EVER and will now get a peaceful nights sleep because of it! I just amazed myself...I would call this my "Neil Armstrong" moment in life. Is it sad that killing a bug is slightly comparable to stepping on the moon? Now I'm just praying New York is bug free! I will add some pictures soon...my battery is dying!!!
It is now Wednesday and I am updating on my lunch break. I can't believe the week is half way over and that I have only one more day in the great LA. As much as I tend to not enjoy Louisiana I really am going to miss it. I drove around Line Avenue in Shreveport (where I will live one day) and all around downtown. There is something so simplistic and beautiful about this place that I can't really describe. I don't always want to be here, but I do want to come back. I have been enjoying every second of this week and trying to create as many memories as possible to hold on to during the summer. So far, I have been very successful in this endeavor. OK, back to doing other things..but I will post later with all the fun things I have done this week.
Now for some Cali pics :)


group picture at Coronado Island, our 1st stop!




The extremely beautiful La Jolla Cove


He came that close to me, no zooming here. He was rather funny :)


You are looking at REAL surfers at Pacific Beach, which would be a lovely view but the sun was hiding at this moment. I am still bewildered at seeing surfers everywhere, so cool!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey I found your blog...I had to search for it since you NEVER told me!! :) Have fun in NY...Thanks for leaving me in Haughton all by myself! Much love!