Saturday, June 14, 2008

Houston = great fun!

I couldn't have asked for a better day than the one I got to experience. I woke up relatively early, walked out on a balcony and watched surfers for a little while. The ocean has got to be the most peaceful place on the planet. I would sit and watch the waves roll in all day and not even stop to look at a watch. Maybe I should consider moving to a beach, or at least building a vacation house on the beach (dreamin' big!). Then my family and I drove to Houston where I, yep that's right, got take the lead. I must say I impressed myself with maneuvering us around considering I have only been to Houston a couple of times in my life...luckily they all occurred within the last school year. We checked into our hotel and discussed possible lunch suggestions. I love, love Cheesecake Factory and since my family hasn't had the privilege to go, it seemed like the perfect place. It certainly was. I was wearing my Yankees shirt with Pettitte written on the back...clearly not the best place to be wearing that particular shirt. I got hounded by our waiter but it was all good fun. Come to find out, he waited on A-Rod and Jeter yesterday and today Joba and Jorge came in to eat there. I was a little starstruck for a brief moment. We ate at the one in the Galleria which I was also able to direct us to mostly. Thank goodness my grandpa taught me how to read a map well! After that we head over to Minute Maid Park where I think I am going to watch my team take bp...wrong, the game started an hour earlier than we thought. Oh well though. We get in and find our seats which were one row away from being at the very top. As high as we were, I completely loved the seats. We had air conditioning and the best view of all- right behind home plate. A-Rod hit a homer and Mussina pitched a great game, his 10th win of the season. I got to see Ohlendorf pitch for the first time, a little shaky but okay, and Farnsworth. I was hoping for Mo to close, but Farns will do...he scares me just a little. The Yankees ended up winning 8-4 and the Astros should have learned one thing from this game: NEVER intentionally walk A-Rod. They did it twice and it backfired...not that I am complaining. Tomorrow Chien Ming Wang pitches so that should be a good game. Yesterday, Joba lasted 6 inning...I so wish I could have been there for that game! Hopefully they can come out with a sweep and be I think 4 or 5 games above .500!


Well, I leave tomorrow and I hope I am ready. I didn't have room to pack a pillow so that's the only thing I know I will be without. Thanks to my great friends for talking to me a lot these past couple of days- I LOVE yall tons :) I have that sick to my stomach feeling that I hope goes away soon. I am very ready for tomorrow, minus waking up at 4:45 am, but I am definitely not ready to say good-bye to my family. I'm not sure how to prepare myself for that one...I have pretty much put off the thought of it...hopefully I don't break down once the plane takes off. I am sooo excited though I can barely handle sitting here still....hurry up tomorrow!


Funny waiter really didn't like that I was wearing a NY shirt, so he got us back!

It's a really nice ball park....right behind home place...just HIGH up!

My BFF! :)

Right in downtown Houston. There were 40,000+ at the stadium!

Not sure when I can do this again...hopefully soon. I am not the most technologically savvy person around, but I am going to miss all the perks technology offers. Forgive me if this isn't always updated. Mom and dad, I know you're going to read this...just want you both to know that this was a wonderful past couple of days and I couldn't have asked for more. I am going to miss yall a TON! Don't miss me too much :)

Hope New York is ready for me!

2 comments:

Lizz said...

eHello crazy sister of mine. Glad you had fun on the trip, I did as well. Okay, so I'm not too fond (sp?) of the pic you posted of me looking like I'm flying on the beach. tsk tsk. Where was my approval on that one? Well on to more important things, how was your flight? Hopefully is was good. I couldn't have done it. Well I hope everything went alright and that this summer is everything you expected and more. See you in a couple months ;)

-Miss ya Fredhead
...Lizz...

Anonymous said...

Looks like y'all had fun in Houston...Hopefully your first day in NY was GREAT! Later crazy!