Friday, May 23, 2008

I LOVE California :)

Seriously, this place is beautiful. It's pretty chilly here, in the 60s, but it's still very nice. Yesterday we roamed downtown San Diego and Coronado Island and hung out at the beach there. I promise you there are gold flecks in the sand there, it was so pretty. We got some expensive, but very good, ice cream there on Coronado. Then, we took a ferry ride back out to the mainland and stumbled upon Fred's Mexican Restaurant, which was yummy. Today the group I was with went to the Zoo here, but I wasn't that interested nor did I want to spend that much to see animals (I hope that wasn't a dumb decision). Myself and another girl decided to pretend we were locals and bought a day pass for the city bus...you can meet the most interesting people on buses. We met these three extremely cool South African guys who were surfers visiting for a conference on our way to La Jolla beach or cove, whatever it's called. This place is just WOW, unlike anything I have seen before. There was a little section of the cove where some seals had beached themselves, we got to walk right up to them which in my opinion is better than a zoo :) We went to this sushi restaurant called Tadashi...first time with sushi, interesting. Seaweed has a strong taste but we also had chicken terriyaki, tempura and some fried pork dumplings...all for under $20. It was a lovely, inexpensive dinner. After that we went to Pacific beach, which was amazing. By far the biggest waves I have ever seen...and there were real surfers! I just got back from this cozy, yet upscale, little Italian restaurant. We once again used the bus and sat next to a Louisiana hater, or should I call it "Loserana". Funny...not! I had this really good linguine pasta with broiled chicken, mushrooms, tomatoes, broiled chicken tossed in a white wine cream sauce. It was really good, too bad I can't pronounce the name of it. Kinda expensive though. Tomorrow is the actual conference but after that we will be enjoying all the perks San Diego has to offer. Still hoping to go to a Padres game. Basically, I am enjoying sunny California and am enjoying being considered a "foreigner" here by my supposed accent. If you haven't come here; you should really consider visiting.

I heard the Yankees have won their past two games and that A-Rod recovered pretty well from his injury. That is so good to hear. Also read Joe G. got thrown out of a game tonight, and Cano had a walk-off homer...wow!

Hope everyone has a great Friday :)

1 comment:

Kala said...

Amanda! I am super jealous that you left me back in Haughton! oh and leave it up to Amanda to try new foods but sushi? Eww