Monday, May 5, 2008

Back at Last.

I was away at the lake Friday-Sunday. It was SO much fun, but while I was gone I missed out on some Yankee excitment. I'm going to recap for myself and for whoever else may have had other plans this weekend as well.

Friday May 2nd- Wang got his 6th win. That guy is seriously on fire and I hope to see it burning with full force for as long as possible. Farnsy, Joba, and Mo pitched just as good, which is no surprise. Good to see Kyle showing some effective stuff this year. Thanks to a few errors from the Mariners and several good at-bats, we were able to get 5 runs on the board. The score was 5-1 Yankees.

Saturday May 3rd- Moose prevailed and got his 3rd straight win. Damon had an amazing game. Read Molina worked himself out of an 0-23 slump. Nice victory for the team with a 6-1 win.

Sunday May 4th- Darrell Rasner got the call up after Hughes had a rough start/a couple of injuried. He definitely delivered, to say the least. The guys back him up offensively and they were able to win the game 8-2 with a remarkable 6-runs coming into the 3rd.

Not sure what happened this weekend to the team, but whatever it was I hope it continues. They showed what they can achieve as a team who has been going through a slightly rough patch. If they can continue to be this good, imagine what can happen when Posada, A-Rod, and the pitching woes are over. Pretty invincible if you ask me. Cano hasn't been producing much, but he will and it's good to know the Yankees are having faith in him to turn around. IPK was sent back down to Scranton, I believe. I bet that was a huge blow to him, but if he is serious about a career in the majors then he shouldn't mind too much. Phil Hughes, on top of everything else, found out he is nearsighted and has to start wearing glasses. Thought it was funny because he said he looks like he "went to college". Best of luck to his recovery. The team has the day off because they heard it was my birthday, and that's pretty much a holiday. So hope the team is enjoying my day as much as I am. (I am slightly vein, I know it!)

So this weekend was absolutely amazing. I have fallen in love with lakes and would live next to one if I was given the chance. I got to soak up the sun (thank goodness I didn't get burned), swim, and ride a boat. The water was like 50 degrees but it didn't matter...just added to the good time. I could ride in a boat all day, it's extremely relaxing. I was about to be my turn to get on the tube and be pulled around the lake, but unfortunately one of the bearings went out. It was still tons of fun. My parents are coming to town tonight and taking my room mates and myself out to eat to WOW (Wild on Wings) so that should be yummy and fun. Well, my family officially knows about this blog...I'm not good at hiding things. But I appreciate them reading it and I hope they enjoy. HELLO to all of my family :) (Hope yall don't think I'm too crazy for doing this!)













Lake Claibororne ^ Caney Lake sunset ^










We built our own fire!









Doesn't that look healthy?







We made smores!















No comments: